Saturday, June 11

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me

I have decided What I am going to do when I Retire from the Union Army Balloon Corps!

Having Tasted the Aeronaut life, I shan't give it up, so I shall become an Air Pirate and go by the name, The Dred Pirate Scott. 

Why?

The Name is the important thing for inspiring the Necessary Fear. You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Addie.

So I shall be known Throughout the Skies as the Dred Pirate Scott - paying homage to the African-American slave who sued unsuccessfully for his freedom and that of his wife and their two daughters in the Dred Scott v. Sandford case of 1857, popularly known as "the Dred (Pirate) Scott Decision."

But don't worry, I shall only take from the Rich and give to the Poor. 
We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads,
Stand up me 'earties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our Mommas and dads,
Stand up me 'earties, yo ho.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment