Monday, July 4

By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!

I was tired of war and heat so I went to Cape Island (you know it as Cape May) New Jersey, for the Fourth of July.

Poppa's been there all summer working on a hotel for the railroad and they gave him passes so we could come visit!

I couldn't wait to try out My new Bathing Dress.

In My day, women wear ankle length dresses, long pants, and long sleeves. Weights are even sewn into the hems so we don't expose (gasp!) a leg!

See, we don't Frolic in the water as You Do. We enter the water, get wet, and get out. All very Modest, Docile and Demure. (And Boring.)

Thank Goodness we're not in England where they use Bathing Machines - roofed and walled wooden carts that roll into the sea!

I received many Scandalized Looks when My Bathing Dress was spotted, but I think they're Just Jealous.

 

1 comment: