Saturday, July 9

The classics, going-to-be


Momma's home sick with Weak Lungs so I went to the library to get some books to read to her.
 
The Classics.

Miss Sparrow went to the shelves and returned with an armful of books.

She handed them to Me one by one. 

Little Women and Werewolves, by Louisa May Alcott. Classic.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Jane Austen. Classic. 

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, by Jane Austen. Classic. 

Android Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy. Classic. 

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith. Classic, going-to-be.

She was laughing and so was I.

"You don't need to read them all today," Miss Sparrow said.

Ha! (Or should I say, "Mwahaha!"?)

Maybe after Momma goes to sleep?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I got Momma a copy of Dick and Jane and Vampires since she's just learning to read. 

That should put her to sleep.



With apologies to Maud Hart Lovelace
and her delightful book,
Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown.







2 comments:

  1. I almost bought a copy of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" while on vacation. I hope you'll give us some reviews after you've read this interesting set of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addie's actually re-reading "Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter." He's her hero and She thinks there's Great Merit to that story. Some of the photos are Obviously Posed, but others....

    ReplyDelete