Monday, July 11

Come Josefina, in my flying machine



Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown
I think this New Business Venture has gone to My Dear Miss Sparrow's head.

I walked into the library today to show her my idea for our floating bookmobile's flag and found her humming this song: 

Oh! Say! Let us fly, dear
Where, kid? To the sky, dear
Oh you flying machine
Jump in, Miss Josephine
Ship ahoy! Oh joy, what a feeling
Where, boy? In the ceiling
Ho, High, Hoopla we fly
To the sky so high
Come Josephine in my flying machine
Going up she goes! Up she goes!
Balance yourself like a bird on a beam
In the air she goes! There she goes!
Up, up, a little bit higher
Oh! My! The moon is on fire
Come Josephine in my flying machine
Going up, all on, Goodbye!
Alfred Bryan / Fred Fischer, 1910

Hmm, I wonder if she'd like to be addressed as Josefina?

She had a cozy little face,with half a dozen tiny moles. Her eyes were black and dancing. Her hair was black too, curly and untidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment