Monday, July 4

The Independence Day Mystery


I am Profoundly Confused.

Momma just told Me her great-great-grandfather (above, bearded officer to the left) was at Vicksburg on July 4, 1863.
The Siege of Vicksburg (May 18 – July 4, 1863) was the final major military action in the Vicksburg Campaign of the American Civil War. In a series of maneuvers, Union Maj. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant and his Army of the Tennessee crossed the Mississippi River and drove the Confederate army of Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton into the defensive lines surrounding the fortress city of Vicksburg, Mississippi.

She also showed me a Touching Letter written by a soldier who served with her Honorable Ancestor in Company H, 58th Ohio Infantry Volunteers (OVI).

Can it be she's a Time Traveler, too?

While I am trying to Puzzle this out, please be Thankful for your Freedom.

I know I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment