Thursday, November 3

It was a dark and stormy night....



WARNING: Do not read if you can't accept silliness in its proper context.

I know it's not Talk Like a Pirate Day anymore, but I believe I have found a series o' 10 books (for now) t' include in me floatin' bookmobile.

Oops, sorry.

The Liturgical Mysteries by Mark Schweizer. Have you read them?
Li-tur-gi-cal mys-te-ry n.
  1. A religious truth that is incomprehensible to reason and knowable only through divine revelation.
  2. Any one of a series of absurd novels featuring choir-director/detective Hayden Konig.

I had never heard of them until a friend (He Who Shall Remain Nameless) shared with me The Pirate Eucharist - from the fourth book, The Soprano Wore Falsettos.

I mean, who can resist this:
Arr Father in heaven, hallow’d be yar Name, yar kingdom come, yar will be done, on arth as in heaven. Give us today arr daily ration. Fergive us arr sins as we fergive those scurvy dogs who sneak up behind us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Far thine be the kingdom, and the pow’r, and the glory, farever and ever. Aye, aye.
You can even hear an excerpt HERE.

Just the fact that Schweizer has had the distinction of receiving a Dishonorable Mention in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest makes me a fan!

Being proper I shall start with the first, The Alto Wore Tweed. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment