Saturday, December 10

I'm too much


I'll be the first to admit you can hear some pretty strange songs during the holidays.

I had to laugh when my Big Sister started singing this song (loudly) in preparation for her school's Winter Concert. I'd never heard it before (but it certainly sounds like Arizona!) so I had to research it.

The Year Without a Santa Claus is another stop motion animated television special (
based on Phyllis McGinley's 1956 book) by the same people that did Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer that premiered Dec. 10, 1974.

The show is set in the 1920s and is narrated by Mrs. Claus. Santa Claus has a cold and is told by his doctor that he should make some changes to his Christmas routine.

Mrs. Claus asks
Heat Miser and his stepbrother Snow Miser to compromise and permit a Christmas snow in South Town, U.S.A. Heat Miser agrees only if Snow Miser will surrender the North Pole for one day. When they refuse to cooperate, Mrs. Claus goes to their mother, Mother Nature, who forces them to compromise.
I’m Mr. Green Christmas
I’m Mr. Sun.
I’m Mr. Heat Blister
I’m Mr. One Hundred and one
They call me Heat Miser
Whatever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch.
I’m too much!

(Refrain)
They call me Heat Miser
Whatever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch.

He's too much
I never wanna know a day
That’s under 60 degrees.
I’d rather have it
"80, 90, 100 degrees!"

(Refrain)

They call me Heat Miser
Whatever I touch
Starts to melt in my clutch.
I'm too much

(Refrain)
Too much!

Since I laugh whenever I hear Irving Berlin's 1940 song White Christmas, I think I'll nominate this as Arizona's official holiday song. (One story is that he wrote it in while sitting by the hotel pool at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix.)


No comments:

Post a Comment