Sunday, March 11

Kindle-ing my passion for books

If you want to see something ridiculous, just take look at Momma today.

She discovered this morning that her out-of-print book, The Guide to Owning a Cornish Rex Cat, has been issued on Kindle!
The fascinating history of the Cornish Rex began with one curly kitten born to a normal-coated mother on July 21, 1950 in Cornwall, England. Since that lucky genetic surprise, these delightful, friendly cats with their large ears, soft, curly coats, and petite bodies have become popular with cat lovers all over the world. This guide covers all aspects of this wonderful breed, from adopting a kitten to showing Cornish Rex cats, making this book a perfect introduction to a unique feline with loads of personality.
Right now she reminds me of Steve Martin in 1979s The Jerk when he discovers his name in the phonebook:
Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Blakeney has a Nook (the Barnes & Noble e-reader) and she loves it. She's found all kinds of fun stuff on it.

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this Bree again... I must have been asleep or insane or something when I commented, because I somehow failed to get that your Momma wrote the book in question. (I took the "her book" thing to mean one she'd been looking for.) That is even cooler, and we're all very happy for her.

    Congratulations! :-)

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete