Friday, April 20

I, Apple

I am so glad when I am time-traveling and can use my new Apple laptop instead of the steam-powered desktop computer I normally use.

Momma says I am a Very Lucky Doll to have my own laptop which is superior to her father's first computer.

The Osborne 1 was the first commercially successful portable microcomputer, released on April 3, 1981 by Osborne Computer Corporation.

It weighed a whopping 23.5 pounds (Momma's Macbook Pro weighs only 5.6 pounds!), cost $1,795 and shipped with software that cost almost as much as the machine itself.

Among its many problems were a tiny five-inch display screen and the use of single-sided, single-density floppy disk drives which couldn't contain sufficient data for practical use.

Heck, I think my Momma's iPhone is better than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment