Tuesday, October 30

Weathering out the storm

American Girl
I hope all my Faithful Readers are safe in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.

Thankfully Momma and I evacuated Philadelphia for Arizona a long time ago. Momma knows hurricanes are not to be argued with and clearly remembers the rough surf and damage on Manasota Key after a hurricane left Florida.

We're still waiting to hear word from my aunt's brother who lives in Hoboken, N.J., but I wanted to share a funny story from last year's Hurricane Irene.

My aunt's brother lives in an older home and the flood waters from Irene damaged the basement and revealed structure problems.

Surprisingly, it also revealed a number of Prohibition Era copper stills in a room below the basement that they didn't know about! (I have asked for photos which I can share.)

Now that is what I call a silver lining!

Keep safe everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Now that would be an awesome find, we would love to see photo's of the old stills. We had an inmate several years ago from the old south that used to run moonshine, he was the neatest old man with awesome stories.

    ReplyDelete