Thursday, August 28

Finding Freedom

Well, BeForever launched last night and (I never thought I'd say this) I miss the original cinnamon pink dress My doppelgänger came with.

Courageous Addy Walker has deep-brown eyes that open and close, golden hoop earrings, and thick black hair. She comes in an authentic 1864 outfit:
  • A royal-blue print dress trimmed with black ribbon, with black bows atop short bell sleeves
  • Lacy white pantalettes
  • White stockings
  • Black boots
  • Two blue ribbons for her hair
The 18" Addy doll has a huggable cloth body, and her movable head and limbs are made of smooth vinyl. Includes the paperback book Finding Freedom, the first novel-length volume of Addy’s classic series.

The new Addy is very pretty (I love her hair!) and I like the blue dress, but it does not look like the first dress a runaway would receive or wear.

 

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. Sad to see historical accuracy go in favor of media popularized "girl" themes...I wrote AG to tell them so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my mama talked about it. Long story short, capitalism is weird. I liked the old Addie better than the new Addie (But no contest, Steampunk Addie is the coolest!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the other dress is more practical for a runaway.

    ReplyDelete